It’s no secret that the impact of COVID-19 has completely changed the way we live our daily lives, and our workday is no exception to that change. Stratice has been shaken by it, just as any other staffing firm. We’ve faced our fair share of challenges and have adapted to them with grace.
Impact of COVID-19 we have observed:
- Candidates are much less willing to relocate for a position.
- Most candidates are willing to work remotely, as it is the best option for them and their health.
- The number of new job openings and listings have dropped significantly due to losses clients have incurred from the pandemic.
- Many candidates are willing to take a pay cut due to the current situation.
These are the types of things that we have faced every day and have become the new normal for us while staffing and recruiting. However, these effects are just the surface of the matter.
Impact of COVID-19 that will continue to affect the staffing industry:
- Legal protocols for hiring and onboarding have changed dramatically since the move online, as well as the protocols for firing and furloughing.
- A significant portion of the business’ affected are contemplating the shift to a remote or partially remote workforce after evidence that employees can be just as productive from their own homes.
- With the unemployment rate higher than it has ever been, staffing firms are anticipating a large surge in candidate applications to client and non-client businesses.
- This could shift more clients to utilizing staffing firms to avoid being overrun with applications in the hiring process.
With all these daily challenges, it can be hard to see the bigger and brighter side of things or how we could possibly keep up with everything.
Here are some thoughts from our Stratizens to give an inside look at how we’ve adapted to the changing times:
“On the positive side: COVID-19 and working from home has ensured an increase in communication throughout Stratice. I was still a fairly new team member when we started working from home and it definitely forced me to step up in my individual role. Being one of the few people in the NWA office, I feel that it brought the entire Stratice Team a little closer with Group Chats and weekly Quantini Sessions. It took some creativity to adjust to everything happening and overall it has taught us that flexibility is an option. Stratice is finding a balance with new Work From Home Wednesdays and Casual Fridays.”
– Kamryn Jaques, Stratice Branch Coordinator
“The biggest changes for me as a manager are adapting to keeping my team up to speed and engaged while working remotely. That being said, once we found our groove we are working just as efficiently remotely as in the office. The other adaptation has been doing remote sales and closing new clients while never meeting them face to face. We have done incredibly well throughout this pandemic and we are excited about the future at Stratice.”
– Jake Berkowitz, Stratice Area Director
This pandemic has reshaped the way that all of us see ourselves, each other, and the world. There will undoubtedly be more hurdles to jump, but with support and perseverance, we can all go forth and conquer.
If you would like to learn more about how Stratice can help you, contact us today and let’s get the conversation started! We would love to assist you with all your staffing needs!